Purpose of the articles posted in the blog is to share knowledge and occurring events for ecology and biodiversity conservation and protection whereas biology will be human’s security. Remember, these are meant to be conversation starters, not mere broadcasts :) so I kindly request and would vastly prefer that you share your comments and thoughts on the blog-version of this Focus on Arts and Ecology (all its past + present + future).

Premium Blogger Themes - Starting From $10
#Post Title #Post Title #Post Title

Exhibition “Hanoi through Lacquer” by Eriko Hamada

Posted on 

Exhibition: 14 – 30 Sep 2019
Tranquil. Cafe
15B Tran Hung Dao, Hanoi

From the organizer:
Hanoi seen through my lacquer paintings.
This is what Hanoi is like through my eyes.
Vietnamese people who live this city love their families and have close relationships with their neighborhoods since the old time. This city has been changing a lot.
Some precious ancient buildings in Hanoi have been extended either vertically or horizontally to accommodate bigger families. The people live with the buildings.
We can find a part of the wall that has fallen, and the other part has changed. We can also find traces of layers of paint being re-applied various times. How many people have visited these places, how people spend time there, and how people have changed along with the houses. I always imagine these things and sometimes I talk to the residents while sketching.
Most of the buildings in Hanoi have changed with time without being completely demolished. I feel it is similar to the paintings of lacquer having many layers.
My works in this exhibition are lacquer paintings and sketches of buildings in Hanoi, which fascinates me and gives me a sense of time.
– Eriko Hamada

    Powered By Blogger