Purpose of the articles posted in the blog is to share knowledge and occurring events for ecology and biodiversity conservation and protection whereas biology will be human’s security. Remember, these are meant to be conversation starters, not mere broadcasts :) so I kindly request and would vastly prefer that you share your comments and thoughts on the blog-version of this Focus on Arts and Ecology (all its past + present + future).

Premium Blogger Themes - Starting From $10
#Post Title #Post Title #Post Title

Exhibition “13” by Do Hiep


Posted on 
0

Exhibition: 27 Sep – 04 Oct 2019, 8.30 am – 5 pm
Vietnam Fine Arts Museum
66 Nguyen Thai Hoc St., Ba Dinh Dist., Hanoi

From the organizer:
You are invited to the exhibition “13” by painter Do Hiep, a showcase of 13 large paintings and a set of 13 small sculptures made from acrylic paints, canvas, shells, Dó paper, and gold.
Speaking about the exhibition, the artist says:
“We often think far more about what we do not have rather than what already exists beside us. That is right, everyone has their own dream.
When seeing a bird flying in the sky, we crave for having those amazing wings.
When seeing a fish in the water, we crave for that carefree dive.
I am no different. I once dreamt of and longed for such things but I also forgot that probably that bird and that fish would wish to own our feet or our hands.
Is it the same to art,
Is it true that artists also desire for those unreal moonlight out there,
Is it true all of us are craving for opening a road,
Definitely! Once you are an artist, you will wish for that but the more you try to find them, the further they are away from us. Well, let’s sit down and wait for them to come on their own.
We sit still to look back, to think of the simple and beautiful things that we feel so familiar inner ourselves. Who knows that we can meet the precious simplicity. Who knows that we can find an ease then fly with them. It is said that being an artist, just do your works. Just go, the road will open.
I do not have the habit of asking myself what I will paint, how I will make my arts because it’s natural. It’s like if you’re thirsty, you go drink, you’re hungry, you go eat. It is just the way people name a body and the soul is too hard to name. That is the the painter’s personality, his own way of contemplating himself. It is difficult to interpret.
I also do not know to find the name for the art works this time since I do not intend to make a new series. It has been like that for a long time. I love things to come naturally, dilapidated things in the road, naturally born when I work. The rule is natural. That’s fairy, I think so. I love Fairy a lot. Vietnamese Fairy is elegantly beautiful and natural.
Being a fairy, you do not have to think of any rule and cycle. There is no 12 hours, no 12 months, no 12 years and you also do not have to care what you are in those 12 zodiac animals. Those circles are repetitive but not true to art and artist. I love number 13, maybe I love myself because I was born on the 13th. To me, 13 is like a private space, where I can do what I want, make an adventure with what I believe, fly to the land I wish for. I can drink a glass of water and find it delicious, stand under the sun rays shining through me, enjoy the paintings I have just finished, touch the magical fairy wings and the charming Dó which is the background of the magical black of Then, the sparkling magic of clams and snails. That’s where I can temporarily put aside the rules of life and some worries of real life to wear the wings of art on myself, to become Fairy.
So it turns out that the far things we have always sought for are the simple things beside us.
Right, everyone?”

Vietnam Fine Arts Museum
66 Nguyen Thai Hoc St., Ba Dinh Dist., Hanoi
Opening hours: Monday – Sunday, 8.30 am – 5 pm
Telephone: +84 (0)243 733 2131 – Hotline: 1800 6576

    Powered By Blogger