Purpose of the articles posted in the blog is to share knowledge and occurring events for ecology and biodiversity conservation and protection whereas biology will be human’s security. Remember, these are meant to be conversation starters, not mere broadcasts :) so I kindly request and would vastly prefer that you share your comments and thoughts on the blog-version of this Focus on Arts and Ecology (all its past + present + future).

Premium Blogger Themes - Starting From $10
#Post Title #Post Title #Post Title

We are Full of Ancestors

Buddhist Peace Fellowship

A Love So Great

(Image: Leafless tree with partly cloudy, late afternoon sky.)
I will always remember how the branches of the tree in my backyard framed the moon. It was as if the tree had attempted to reach high into the sky, so that it could be the one who held the moon up, and keep it from falling. The top branches had been barren since before I moved in three and a half years ago. And yet every spring, large, sweet smelling leaves appeared on the lower branches. A love so great can take a toll on the body.  

About a year ago, the next door neighbor started sharing fears about branches cracking and falling on his garage. About six months ago, I received the first e-mail from the rental staff team saying then tree would be cut down that weekend. I went out, offered a brief prayer, and gave the trunk a big hug. Then that weekend came and went, along with a few dozen more, and another couple of emails. Maybe they decided to let the tree be, I started to think.

It was cloudy the day it finally happened. I arrived home late, with no moon to illuminate my path. Even though I knew it was eventually coming, it was still a bit of a shock to see a pile of logs and sawdust when the tree had stood before.
Our Contact Information
Buddhist Peace Fellowship
PO Box 3470
BerkeleyCA 94703
510.239.3764
www.buddhistpeacefellowship.org

Unsubscribe | Manage email preferences

    Powered By Blogger